Table of Contents
Microsoft has claimed that Call of Duty video game title is coming to all Nintendo platforms. According to Phill Spencer, Chief Executive Officer of Microsoft Gaming, “It is a 10-year deal.”
Nintendo also came forward on this. They said the announcement Microsoft made is true, but they declined to say anything else afterward.
Microsoft’s Announcement to Buy Activision
Microsoft announced earlier this year that they were going to buy the “Call of Duty” maker, Activision Blizzard for $69 billion. Which is considered one of the biggest deals in history.
Read the complete conversation about Microsoft’s announcement of buying Activision here.
Microsoft’s Deal to be Blocked by FTC Lawsuit
However, this deal has raised some concerns in the gaming industry that it will stifle competition in the industry. It was reported last month that Microsoft’s bid to acquire the video game publisher can face a major roadblock.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is said to be filing an antitrust lawsuit to block the $69 billion takeover. Above everything else, FTC’s greatest concern is whether acquiring Activision would give Microsoft an unfair advantage in the video game industry.
Microsoft’s Announcement Met With Global Scrutiny
Sony has expressed concerns that if Microsoft made games like Call of Duty exclusive to their platform, they would be at a severe disadvantage. Microsoft’s takeover would mean that PlayStation players wouldn’t be able to play Call of Duty title.
Microsoft has addressed this concern by pledging that Call of Duty will be available on Sony’s PlayStation console, and recently made an offer to Sony. This will allow Sony to access the game for the next 10 years.
The EU opened a full-scale investigation regarding this huge deal. The EU has claimed that they would decide by March 23, 2023, whether to clear or block the deal.